Monday, January 9, 2012

My first 10K

On Dec. 31st I ran my first 10k.  I have been running several 5ks, but I wanted to push myself and go for the 10k.  During training I run anywhere from between 4-5.5 miles and do crossfit on my non running days.  My goal was to get under an hour for my 10k.  My time ended up being 1:01:59, yup so close but so far.  I'm happy with my time because half the run was done on the golf course and the course was hill after hill.  I also finished second in my age division!!!  I was so excited and surprised when they called my name.  I'm signed up to do another 10k in 2 weeks to see if I can get under an hour on a flat level course. 





Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. 1:01 isn't bad at all! Though I often run 3 miles I've never done a 5k...my first is later this month and I would LOVE to do it in 30 mins. or under...but I know I couldn't keep up that pace for a 10k and do that in an hour or less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog through Texas blog gals & I just wanted to stop by and say Hi to a fellow Texas blogger. Great job with the running. Wish I had that kind of stamina again. Keep up the good work
    http://mvkq3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie is adorable, we have 2 furrbabies too. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com New follower

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...