Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend News!

Saturday I was up bright and early for my 5k run. The only thing is that it wasn't bright it was overcast with hurricane like winds. I knew the run was going to be tough due to heavy winds but it was going to be tough for everyone, so I told myself to just do the best I can do. I finished the race with a time of 31:08 which is my fastest time ever my mile split was 9:56. And guess what, I finished 3rd place in my age group!!!!



Here is a picture of me and my friend Blue after the race!! We both went Friday afternoon to buy a new outfit for our run. I decided to go with Under Amour and I'm glad I did because it was so comfortable and supportive in the boob area!



Here is a group picture of the Crossfit people who ran the race. There were 5 people who are Crossfitters that placed in this race. Way to represent Crossfit!!!



After the race they gave out door prizes and guess who finally one something!!!!
I won a huge plant of herbs, Italian parsley, chives, and mint. I can't wait to make mojitos with my fresh mint!!!



Overall I had a great 5k experience, and I can't wait to run another one!!

After the race Sophie and I got ready to go to Petco. It was Sophie's first grooming experience. They gave her a bath, cut her nails, trimmed the fur around her face and fluffed dry her hair.

Sophie all groomed. LOL she is definitely sleepy in this picture from the 2 hours of beauty she got.



That bow didn't last long she hated it and ended up taking it off.

Later that afternoon my boss called me and told me I got an award, I was awarded Middle School Coach of the Year for The Texas Basketball Coaches Association. I was really excited an honored to win such an award!! I was having such a great day with coming in 3rd place, winning a door prize and now winning is award, I actually went out and bought a lottery ticket to the Mega Millions, but needless to say I didn't win.....

Overall I had a great weekend!!! I'm already looking forward to next weekend so I can see Something Borrowed, I'm reading the book right now so hopefully I'll finish by Friday!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW you really had a FANTASTIC weekend! Great job on the run girl and WOW, Middle School Coach of the Year too?? You are such a ROCK STAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - congrats on everything! Great time/pace for the 5K and awesome award! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...