Thursday, May 12, 2011

Jiggle Challenge

This week is a good week I lost 2 pounds!!!! I am weighing 171!! I started of at
175. I am so close to the 160's and this is a milestone for me because I've never weighed in the 160's.

I'm really excited because I started seeing a nutritionist. It was a real eye opening experience. The nutritionist helped me realize that I was eating way too many fruits and sugars. For example, I would eat 5-7 servings of fruits per day, I would put honey and brown sugar in my oatmeal, and I would add honey to my Greek yogurt, and I would eat Skinny Cow ice creams when I had a sweet craving. Don't get me wrong fruits are important part of a diet but I was eating too many servings and fruits have lots of natural sugars. So Lance who is my awesome nutritionist came up with a general plan and a personal meal plan for me.

Here is my general

Alex’s diet plan

This first part is your Daily Recommendations. I want you to look over it, but your daily plan is listed after. This is what I used to make your plan.


Resting Metabolic Rate(RMR) = 1658kcal/day
Recommended kcal intake on non-workout days is 1600kcal/day
Recommended kcal intake on workout days is 1850kcal/day

Workout Days

2 cups Fruits
- Fresh or frozen choices
- ½ cup in the mourning and the rest spread throughout the day

2 - 3 cups vegetables
- fresh or frozen choices
- Spread evenly throughout the day
6oz whole grains
- Whole grain or 100% whole wheat pasta, bread, or anything made with flour
- Can substitute 2 oz of quinoa, buckwheat, or amaranth for 2 oz whole wheat
5 - 6oz lean meats
- try to use mostly chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, seafood, and lean pork
3 cups milk or sub
- has to be non-fat milk product
- 1.5 oz of cheese equals 1 cup of milk
- other choices include cottage cheese, yogurt, frozen yogurt, and pudding
6tsp Oils
- these are usually acquired throughout the day in cooking or your meats
- don’t try to get these(just showing you how much you were allowed)
267 kcals leftover
- left over calories to with as you please, but again I wouldn’t count these.
- these get counted usually when we have an “oops day”


Non-Workout Days
(the same recommendations apply for the amounts below)
1 ½ cups fruits
2 ½ cups vegetables
5oz whole grains
5-6oz lean meat
3 cups nonfat milk or sub
5 tsp oils
132 kcals left over

For my personal plan I am keeping that to myself.

I can't wait till next weeks jiggle post because I will have been on the diet plan for about a week.

For my workout plan its my faithful Crossfit workouts!!

Saturday

“Jackie”

team or individual
1k Row
50 thrusters (45)
30 pullups

Monday

2.2 mile run

Tuesday

Front Squats 5-5-5
or thrusters 5-5-5

4R4T of:
15 wall balls (20/14)
15 pull ups

Wednesday

“SECTIONAL 11-2″

9 deadlifts (155/100)
12 Push ups- hand release
15 Box jumps (24/20)
AMRAP in 15 minutes.

Today's workout

“Helen”

3R4T:
400m Run
21 KBS
12 Pull ups

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. awesome!!! great job!!! 2lbs is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! I've have always wanted to see a nutritionalist. Can't wait to see how it goes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing amazing!!! Keep it up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss!! I know how great it can feel reaching that 170 threshold... keep it up, you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the weight loss! I probably eat too many sugars, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job on the weight loss. Many times if people would journal their food for just a week they probably be very suprised how much they really take in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...