This week is a good week I lost 2 pounds!!!! I am weighing 171!! I started of at
175. I am so close to the 160's and this is a milestone for me because I've never weighed in the 160's.
I'm really excited because I started seeing a nutritionist. It was a real eye opening experience. The nutritionist helped me realize that I was eating way too many fruits and sugars. For example, I would eat 5-7 servings of fruits per day, I would put honey and brown sugar in my oatmeal, and I would add honey to my Greek yogurt, and I would eat Skinny Cow ice creams when I had a sweet craving. Don't get me wrong fruits are important part of a diet but I was eating too many servings and fruits have lots of natural sugars. So Lance who is my awesome nutritionist came up with a general plan and a personal meal plan for me.
Here is my general
Alex’s diet plan
This first part is your Daily Recommendations. I want you to look over it, but your daily plan is listed after. This is what I used to make your plan.
Resting Metabolic Rate(RMR) = 1658kcal/day
Recommended kcal intake on non-workout days is 1600kcal/day
Recommended kcal intake on workout days is 1850kcal/day
2 cups Fruits
- Fresh or frozen choices
- ½ cup in the mourning and the rest spread throughout the day
2 - 3 cups vegetables
- fresh or frozen choices
- Spread evenly throughout the day
6oz whole grains
- Whole grain or 100% whole wheat pasta, bread, or anything made with flour
- Can substitute 2 oz of quinoa, buckwheat, or amaranth for 2 oz whole wheat
5 - 6oz lean meats
- try to use mostly chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, seafood, and lean pork
3 cups milk or sub
- has to be non-fat milk product
- 1.5 oz of cheese equals 1 cup of milk
- other choices include cottage cheese, yogurt, frozen yogurt, and pudding
- these are usually acquired throughout the day in cooking or your meats
- don’t try to get these(just showing you how much you were allowed)
267 kcals leftover
- left over calories to with as you please, but again I wouldn’t count these.
- these get counted usually when we have an “oops day”
(the same recommendations apply for the amounts below)
1 ½ cups fruits
2 ½ cups vegetables
5oz whole grains
5-6oz lean meat
3 cups nonfat milk or sub
5 tsp oils
132 kcals left over
For my personal plan I am keeping that to myself.
I can't wait till next weeks jiggle post because I will have been on the diet plan for about a week.
For my workout plan its my faithful Crossfit workouts!!
team or individual
50 thrusters (45)
2.2 mile run
Front Squats 5-5-5
or thrusters 5-5-5
15 wall balls (20/14)
15 pull ups
9 deadlifts (155/100)
12 Push ups- hand release
15 Box jumps (24/20)
AMRAP in 15 minutes.
12 Pull ups