Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend News

Our weekend was a low key weekend which was great because we all got lots of rest. I was really tired from working track meets on Thursday and all day Friday so rest was a must. We started of Saturday with taking Sophie to the vet to get her 3rd round of shots. I don't have pictures of Sophie at the vet because I forgot my camera but here are some after pictures.



And then Sophie was out for a couple of hours





That night we decided to stay in and cook dinner. The hubby and I had a craving for different stuff so we decided to cook 2 different dinners.

I wanted Mexican shrimp cocktail because its delicious and healthy


This recipe is really easy, here are the ingredients

Shrimp


1 avocado cut into small cubes


here is ingredients for the sauce
1 1/2 cup of Clamato juice
1/4 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of chili sauce
1 juice of lime
a couple of splashes of Louisiana hotsause (if you like it hot like me)
and 1 tsp of horseradish



after mixing all ingredients together I add 1/2 cup of pico and I didn't make my own I just bought some at the store


after that I add the shrimp and avocado and that's it, see very easy!! And the best part of this recipe is that you can tweak the ingredients, I just eye ball everything and add stuff according to taste.


and just add some saltine crackers and you have a meal


the hubby made hamburgers and homemade potato chips. The hubby's dinner looked really good it took a lot of will power to not eat a greasy burger and potato chips.


On Sunday we went to the movies and watched The Adjustment Bureau.


This was such a good movie, its really different and makes you really think about life, fate, and chance, I recommend seeing it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I will leave you with some pics of the pups...



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by The Adjustment Bureau, glad to hear you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...