Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Alex's healthy stir-fry

Tonight for dinner I made a semi-homemade stir-fry and it was very healthy. I even used our calphalon wok that we got over 2 years ago for our wedding but have never used.



Here are the veggies I used, I wanted to use fresh broccoli but I didn't have much time so I just bought the frozen kind. The veggies are shredded carrots (saves tons of time) sugar snap peas, frozen broccoli, red pepper, and 1 onion.



I also used fresh ginger and garlic but they are not in the picture.

For the teriyaki sauce I used soy sauce and about half of the bottle of La Choy teryiyaki sauce (that's why its semi-homemade), and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar



I started off with cooking the onions, red peppers, garlic, and ginger, and then I added boneless skinless chicken breast (see very healthy). Then I added the teriyaki sauce mix and this is what it looks like



now this is where it gets tricky, the hubby hates veggies so I had to cook my veggies separate and then add them to the chicken teryiaki mixture. I steamed frozen broccoli, sugar snap peas, and carrots.



Here is a picture of my plate with the finished product, I also cooked a side of steamed rice.



I have to say this was a delicious dinner, it had really good flavor. The only thing that could have made it better is if I would have used fresh broccoli instead of frozen. I recommend this recipe if you're looking for a healthy kick on stir-fry

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I really need to get a wok! This recipe sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks good. Any leftovers? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...