Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughtless Thursdays

This weekend the hubby and I are going to his family get-together at this beach house going towards El Campo. We are all responsible for brings stuff and I am in charge of bringing chips and dips. So I'm making 3 dips!!!

Dip 1 Queso
You can't go wrong with rotel queso


this dip is so easy...

Velveeta Cheese
can of rotel
and either sausage or if I'm lazy I just put half a can of wolf brand chili either way is good.

Dip 2 Spinach dip



and I actually put this dip in a bread bowl just like the picture and I make croutons with the remainder of the bread

1 tub of sour cream
1 box of frozen spinach
1 pack of ranch dip season packet

Dip 3 Three cheese artichoke dip

I've never made this dip but I found the recipe on Foodnetwork.com and its from Paula Dean and she can't do no wrong



Ingredients
1 (8 ounces) block cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (14 ounces) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Dash hot sauce
Dash Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand held electric mixer until smooth. Then beat in the mayonnaise until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and stir together until combined. Transfer the dip to a pie plate or shallow gratin dish. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the top is golden brown and the dip is bubbling. Serve hot with crackers, tortilla chips, crostini or veggies.

My challenge for this weekend is to eat in moderation and not over eat or over drink. Well lets just see how that goes....

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I found you via Blog Frog! all those look yummee! visit back soon! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...