Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crossfit Updates

I want to start off saying that it NEVER gets easy waking up at 5:00 am for a workout. I've been going 3 times a week and I still have a hard time waking up in the mornings, and if it wasn't for the $115 I pay a month and bikini season coming up I probably wouldn't go.

I've lost 3 pounds....yes only 3 pounds. I do a great job working out and eating healthy during the week, but its the weekends that kill me. Starting this weekend I'm going to do a better job about eating healthy. Its not worth all my hard work on the weekdays to screw it up with chicken wings and beer on Saturday.

I feel myself getting stronger. I hate lifting weights but I've noticed a difference in my arms and butt. Which makes me sooooo happy!!!

Here are the workouts I did within the last week

Tuesday
Front Squat 3-3-3 (the 3-3-3 means finding your max 3 reps at a time)
or
Thruster 3-3-3

10 Pullups
10 Pushups
4R4T ( this means 4 rounds for time, crossfit is all about getting the best time)

Thursday
AMRAP 20min (AMRAP= as many rounds as possible for 20 minutes)

400m Run
Max Pullups

this workout I ended up running a mile 1/2 and doing 27 pullups I SUCK at pullups

Friday
Squat Clean 5-3-1
Shoulder Press 5-3-1

max effort 2K row (rowing looks easy but its killer)

Today
AMRAP in 15min of: (as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes)

10 MB Cleans ( 10 medicine ball squat cleans)
3 Wall Climbs (basically you're on your hands and you use your legs to climb up a
wall and basically doing a handstand...so freaking hard)
10 Man-makers (this is so hard to explain but I can tell you this shit is hard)

2k row

Yes Crossfit is hard and a lot of times I feel discouraged because I can't lift as much weight as some as the other women, and my time is not nearly the best. But I love it...

This is whats keeping me motivated....I just got the new Victoria's Secret swimsuit catalog in the mail


and this is what I want to be able to wear and look halfway decent

I was so excited when I found out they made the Bombshell bra into swimwear!!! I have to have this bikini


This summer the hubby and I are going to Vegas and this cover up would be great to lounge around in poolside!!


Well that's my crossfit update, stay tuned for the next one!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. have you heard of turbo jam/turbo fire? I was thinking of starting that program. wasn't sure of your thoughts. yay you! keep on going! where are you at now? it's march.
    jill

    jillianleighsk@gmail.com or www.strawberryfreckles.com :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...