Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Updates on Crossfit and Updates on my Bday

Dec. 1st (my birthday) was the first day of me starting Crossfit. The night before I was like a kid on Christmas night, I was too excited to sleep. My alarm went off at 5am and I quickly put on my workout clothes (I love spandex) and headed out to the gym. The instructors (all 3 of them) were all super duper nice and in great shape with awesome bodies. They helped me so much my first day (thanks Zeph, Greg and Molly). My first workout consisted of....

10R4T

10 SDLHP (75/45)
10 DU
15 MB Cleans

I know this is probably Greek to you, but I'll try and explain. 10 reps of sumo dead left with an up right row, 10 double jump ropes, and 15 medicine ball squat into a clean, and we had to do 10 rounds of all that. Since it was my first day I just had to do 5 rounds but those five rounds kicked my a$$. I haven't been this sore since college basketball. And I have to admit these workouts are a lot tougher than my college workouts. Even though I was dead tired after my workout I was hooked, I signed up and payed for Crossfit 3 times a week, and got a free t-shirt.

That night I slept like a baby and woke up again for another crossfit workout. For this workout we had the option to run a 5k or row a 5k. Since I haven't even jogged a mile in about 4 years and it was freezing cold at 5:30 in the morning, I decided to row 5k. 5 minutes into the row I was asking myself what the he!! I got myself into, but I stayed focused and finished that sucker in 29 minutes and 34 secs. Oh, I forgot to mention the workouts for the day are posted on a whiteboard, there is also a timer after you finish your workout you have to post your time. So you are competing with others but more importantly yourself.

These are the workouts I've done

Thursday
5K Run or 5 K Row

Monday
25, 20, 15, 10, 5 reps of:
Kettlebell Swings 50 lbs
Medicine Ball Cleans 20 lbs
Push-ups Burpees

Tuesday
5R4T of:

400m run
15 OHS (95/65)

Here is the website if you want to learn more about Crossfit and see the workouts!!
http://www.crossfitxlr8.com/watercooler/

Ok now for my Birthday Update!!!
I forgot about the most exciting thing, look at what my hubby surprised me with for my birthday!!! DIAMOND EARRINGS!!!!



They are half a carat each and I LOVE them!!! This Sunday I'm going to celebrate my birthday dinner with my family (better late than never) at a fabulous steak house!!! Since I'm hard to shop for my family gives me birthday money which I don't complain about, I love shopping for myself. I've decided long and hard what I want to do with my birthday money and here is the verdict..........

Go to the salon and get my hair trimmed and colored



And I want a pair of navy blue tall Uggs



Well that's all my updates!! Stay tuned because I'm going to post my journey with Crossfit. I want to take measurements and pictures so we all can see results, and to keep my butt motivated.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. great ,how creative u are,touch wood.i have subscribed tor feed,keep it up,i really mean it,looking great-touch wood again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...